Thursday, December 29, 2005

The truth is, I miss you


I don't think a day goes by where something doesn't remind me of Kara.
Last night, the dude with the animals on Conan made me think of Todd.
There's Australia commercials on TV all the time.
I have pictures of Kara all over.
Every time I have a funny story, I start a new letter to her.
Every time I see something I know she'd want to see, I write it down.
And at the end of the week, I have a stack of letters that are all too old to mean anything if I send them.

Sometimes I'm afraid that she thinks I forget about her.
And sometimes I'd say it's true.
Not because I don't remember, but because sometimes when I just need her there
if I don't remember that she's so far away it's easier to not let it get me down.

Sometimes you just need your best friend
and the thought of just talking to her but not having her here hurts more than not talking to her at all sometimes.

Maybe I just need somebody to go on a slurpee run with.
Somebody named Kara Michelle.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you, kari. thanks for loving me so much--i know that you don't forget about me, and i definitely don't forget about you. i can't wait until we live close to each other again (it WILL happen) and then all those years of being far far appear will be but a memory...

Anonymous said...

oh, and those pictures are classic! :-)