Sunday, June 03, 2007

Some Things in Life Don't Come Naturally

David Hazard taught me to brush the roof of my mouth when I brush my teeth
Kyle Martin taught me how to pretend my car is a stick, when indeed it is automatic
Eric Sharp taught me that chickens don't have lips and worms are asexual
Andy Mascaro taught me proper concert stance
Jennifer Lair taught me how to slide on icy surfaces without falling
Beth Manoogian taught me how to do a cherry-drop off of the monkey bars
Julia Siciliano taught me how to sing in key
Mike Lefler taught me how to do a front flip on a trampoline
My dad taught me to appreciate coconut
Justin and Erin Cornell taught me to appreciate (and play) soccer
Meschelle Wagner taught me how to put a gentle leader on a dog
Gordon Shetler taught me the art of mixing the perfect slurpee
Kara Nulty taught me to be more outgoing
Kara Tipton taught me that kissing is solely for the purpose of looking for an extra taste of food
Kali Herron taught me how to make my hair big
Drew Herron taught me how to use a straw to make fart sounds come from my armpit
Grandma Merilynn taught me how to make thanksgiving stuffing
Stephen Kellat taught me how to be a better listener
Niki Herron taught me how to stay cool and collected when something goes terribly wrong
My mom taught me to always rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher
Kelly Mouchet taught me how to play piano based on what note was which key
Claire Sparkman taught me how to sew
Grandma Ellen taught me how to crochet
Nicole Kasper taught me how to swim
Lindsay Gould taught me I could run, even when I'm tired, and still be okay
Ms. Buda taught me that math can make sense, and that doing your homework is important
Mark Phelps taught me that it's okay to fight with God
Rosemary Mittlestat taught me the importance of bringing joy to others
Laurie MacKenzie taught me how to raise the pitch of my voice when I get really excited

Among other very important life lessons, these people and the lessons I have learned from them have played an important role in my growth and development.

No comments: