Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Best of Pancakes and Tea

I've been feeling less than inspired lately. And when I feel uninspired, I always go back and re-read old articles in this blog. Sometimes I can't believe how smart I used to be. And occasionally I feel like I've definitely done some serious backsliding in my relationship with God. I feel like I've been calling more and more on myself, and less and less on him.

So, sometimes it helps me to remind myself of all of the wise thoughts I've had in the past. I figured I'd to back and find "the best of" in the last 4 or so years of this blog. Some are thoughtful. Some clever. Some just silly. But these are some of my favorites. Maybe you will enjoy them.

The Procrastination Station
The one that started it all.

I Got Used to Sweatpants
The one about sweatpants.

The Jesus I Serve
The one where I don't get to define Jesus.

This Stupid, Stupid Wind
The one where I have a bad day.

I Have Hidden Your Word in My Heart, And I Misplaced it
The one where I begrudgingly relate to David.

Love Letters
The one that's a total metaphor about God's word.

Never, Ever, Ever Give Up
The one where I accomplished my [then] life's goal.

My Hero
The one about heroes.

New Years Resolutions
The one about not making excuses.

Mr. Orkin: Man of My Dreams
The one about my future husband.

Of a Rather Pressing Note
The one where I tell Scott Toilet Tissue what is what.

When I Start to Miss Michigan
The one where I realize I can be happy in Oklahoma as long as I'm trusting God.

A Serious Addiction
The one where I confess my undying love for Rocky Balboa

No comments: