Thursday, December 04, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

I was tagged by Jennifer!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Neither! Christmas CUSTARD!!! (extra chunky!)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I have two things to say about this one: 1) Santa who? We only have presents from Elmer Elf, Blitzen, and the Tooth Fairy under our tree; and 2) of course they're wrapped! conveniently color-coded so each kid has presents in only one type of paper (for easier sorting!)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? both! all of the above! and blow up decorations! and blinking lights! and a nativity scene is a MUST! I also like it when the entire lawn is enclosed in like a fence of lights!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no. that's a parasite, you know. kills things.

5. When do you put your decorations up? whenever I can. I think a better question would be "when do you take your decorations down?" to which I answer, "three years later when I move out of the house."

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Grandma Merilynn's stuffing!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Picking out our Christmas Tree!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Truth? What do you mean? He's very very busy--which is why we don't get presents from him at our house. We get them from the elves and reindeer instead. And also the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny. And I am absolutely not kidding.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes. We always go to Aunt Kay's house, and all of the family draws someone's name, and we get 1 gift each.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? when we were little, my mom would sit in a chair with the box of ornaments and us kids would line up and she'd hand us each one and we'd go hang it up and then line up again for the next one. Now Kali does it (because she's pretty much a professional tree decorator)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (and miss) it!

12. Can you ice skate? Duh! We used to build a rink in the back yard every year, and Niki and I would practice the Pem-Chinko (from the Cutting Edge). We got really good. I can also spin for like 15 seconds without stopping.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One year I wanted a globe more than anything, and I got it. That was so sweet!

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? getting presents, of course. Juuuuuust kidding! Being with my family!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? PIE!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Never actually having Christmas on Christmas.

17. What tops your tree? A golden Afro

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? honestly? If I've found something that I KNOW somebody is going to LOVE, then giving. But honestly, who doesn't like to receive?

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Frosty the Snowman. Then It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

20. Candy Canes​!​ Yuck or Yum? I've had better.

21. What do you want for Christmas? A tall upright piano

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? every event with my family is a party--so yes.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? It depends on what day, and what time of day we celebrate. One time, we opened presents on Christmas at 11:30 PM because I had to work the afternoon shift at the hospital, so I wore my scrubs.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? No

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My FAMILY!

**Now, I am to tag some others who will answer the questions and pass the tag along !!

Emily

Lindsay

Naomi

Danny

1 comment:

Katy said...

I miss you also! I am glad that we were able to share our Irk/Urk's with one another! It reminds me of good old Dorm bonding time with Kara (miss her too!) and Naomi (also missed). Anyways, let me know if you ever need to stop at the house in Lafayette on your way to or from Michigan. It is a perfect stopping point (in my opinion). LOVES!