Friday, October 12, 2007

Twilight Zone. . .

The strangest thing just happened:

I was on Pistons.com looking at the new roster, and the new number 3 is named Rodney Stuckey. Meanwhile, I am watching Lifetime, and the TV show I was watching had just ended, and a movie has just begun. Jason Alexander is schmoozing some rich people and introduces himself as Philip Stuckey. I don't recognize the movie, so I watch for another minute--because the name Stuckey sounded very familiar --but I realize that it's because I was just reading about Rodney Stuckey 2 seconds prior.

And the movie is Pretty Woman, I realized about 2 seconds later when I saw all the shoulder pads on the women. . .and confirmed 2 more seconds later when I saw Richard Gere.

What are the odds of encountering the name Stuckey twice in the course of 30 seconds?
I'd like some mathematical computation on that sucker. . .

3 comments:

Kirsten Alana said...

It is an unusual name. And that is a great movie. But the Stuckey character is a total creep!

In other news: I am really glad to hear you haven't lost your love of the Pistons even though you live in blasted OK.

Not that I can talk - I live in OH now :-(

Daves Place said...

I think that is very coincidental to hear the same name within a few seconds of each other (considering it is an unusual name). What are the odds of that?

Danny B said...

The Pistons look real good this year-

Oh yeah, I found your blog.

< ><