Monday, June 13, 2005

Just keep the faith that your ship will come in

Dear Pistons,

You're killing me!

Love, Kari

in other news:

I was thinking about my dad on the drive home from the OK state of Oklahoma and as I'm quite sure many are aware that I admire my father quite. So I was remembering a time when he was pretty ticked at Kali, and it was the same day that our church was doing the sendoff for the seniors. The parents of the seniors write their child a letter and the elders read it. Dad was pretty ticked and didn't want to write the letter, but mom made him. And then at church, they decided that instead of having the elders read it, that they would make the parents read them. So my dad goes up to the front and starts reading. He starts out by saying that it was a difficult letter to write--for more reasons than one--and he read on. But I remember very distinctly his voice starting to break and his hands begin to shake. He stopped to take a breath, and read on. Slowly and broken, his eyes glistening. To date, this is the 2nd time I've ever seen my dad cry. Through the tears welling up in my own eyes I looked around at the rest of the people in the auditorium, and many of them were sniffling, wiping their noses, or unabashedly letting the tears fall.
So I was thinking about Jesus. And you know that one part in the Bible where it says that he wept? You know, over Lazarus? I was thinking about it today; and if the tears of just a normal man's heart breaking can bring an entire room full of people to feel just a shadow of that heartbreak, I wonder if entire towns and trees and mountains didn't fall to the ground when Jesus wept. Our Lord's heart was so broken that he wept, and I can't imagine how it would feel to just feel a shadow of it. It was hard enough to see my dad cry.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

HI!! Thanks for posting on my blog! Awesome...I didn't know you had a blog! SWEET!!!

This weekend was fun and I'm glad I got to spend more time with you!I can't wait till you move to OK! Keep me posted on the job search!!

Ashley said...

Oklahoma City University School of Law...in OKC. So...if you were to get that teaching job in Putnam City I wouldn't be too far from you at all!!