Monday, June 27, 2005

Beefing it up

I have finally come to grips with the fact that the Pistons lost game 7. It took me a while. A few tears, a couple shouts, several days of denial....but my dear sweet Pistons, your turn this year is over. You did well (off and on) and I'm proud of you.

In other news, Mom and Drewey are in the midst of their 2nd week in Honduras and I'm pretty sure they're doing fine. Mom's all over physical labor, and Drew can haul his oats when he needs to.

I got to spend yesterday with Jill, Corson, and Braden and that was a ton of fun. I am going to have as hard of a time leaving Corson as I did when Autumn left. They both were/are at that age where they know who I am now, but when displaced they're too young to remember. That hurts, because one of my favorite parts of life is when little kids learn who you are. When I go down to visit the Sharps, Connor remembers me, but Autumn only does from the last time I visited. So at least from moving down there, I'll gain that relationship back. But I'll lose my basketball-loving buddy. So when I come back and he's bigger he's not going to remember all of Drew's and my efforts to make sure he knew the starting lineup. It's a little sad for me.

But that's okay, because changes just need to take place sometimes. And change is good.

No comments: